Holiday season is fast approaching and I, just like everyone else doesn’t want to miss a single event of those days. Along with the excitement is the urge to capture and record whatever the happenings in those special days of the year so I thought of buying my self a new camera for the upcoming Christmas and new year events.
Among the latest top digital cameras of this year I am specially interested in the Nikon D90 12.3MP DX-Format CMOS Digital SLR Camera with 18-105 mm f/3.5-5.6G ED AF-S VR DX Nikkor Zoom Lens.
What’s so interesting about the Nikon D90?
This digital camera from Nikon looks so similar to the D80 that it appears at first glance to be one of those rather subdued incremental upgrades, like other cameras in the market today. But I greatly recommend that YOU, digital cameras fanatics, like me dig a little deeper and you’ll find there’s plenty to keep us Nikon fans happy and away from disappointment.
How would you like a DSLR camera that is very capable of shooting HD video? Live viewing through the 3″ LCD monitor? You can get all that and more in this Nikon D90! A 12.3 megapixel CMOS Sensor brings out all the best in your images. All you will see in your photographs are the crisp and the sharp detail of your images as well as true color depth that will surely astound and please you.
The lens that comes with the camera is 67mm in filter size, that along with a focal length range of 18 to 105mm. I recommend you take this DSLR on while you and your whole family spend the days together in this holiday season. Shoot your favorite subjects in motion with the AVI (motion JPEG) movie format and create your own movies. All you ever need is the new Nikon DSLR D90!
Nikon D90 Key Features
- 12.9 megapixel DX-format CMOS sensor (effective pixels: 12.3 million)
- 3.0-inch 920,000 pixel (VGA x 3 colors) TFT-LCD (same as D3 and D300)
- Live View with contrast-detect AF, face detection
- Image sensor cleaning (sensor shake)
- Illuminated focus points
- Movie capture at up to 1280 x 720 (720p) 24 fps with mono sound
- IS0 200-3200 range (100-6400 expanded)
- 4.5 frames per second continuous shooting (buffer: 7 RAW, 25 JPEG fine, 100 JPEG Normal)
- Expeed image processing engine
- 3D tracking AF (11 point)
- Short startup time, viewfinder blackout and shutter lag
- Slightly improved viewfinder (96% frame coverage)
- Extensive in-camera retouching including raw development and straightening
- Improved user interface
- New optional compact GPS unit (fits on hot shoe)
- Same battery and vertical grip as D80
- Vignetting control in-camera
- 72 thumbnail and calendar view in playback
Below are the list of the most common advantage of the Nikon D90 compared to some of the dslr camera competitors:
- 12.3 MP CMOS sensor (vs 10.2 MP CCD)
- Dust removal system
- Bigger, better screen
- Live View with contrast detect AF
- Movie Mode
- Wider ISO range, upgraded AF system (3D tracking, face detection)
- Active D-Lighting, vignetting control and extra retouching options
- Automatic chromatic aberration correction
- Picture Control presets
- Faster continuous shooting and larger buffer
- Pictmotion slideshows
What photographers think about this camera?
Most of the photographers who have tried this product give the Nikon D90 DX generally positive reviews. Image quality is comparable to other top digital SLRs in this D90 DXs price range. Users find the D90 DXs automatic chromatic aberration correction feature helpful for increasing image quality on a variety of different quality lenses. Additionally, many feel that the viewfinder in this camera is one of the best in the industry. Have one and have a blur free holidays!
Bestselling DSLR on Amazon
Prices are accurate as of May 19, 2013 4:53 pm. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.